AASCF GROUP & PARTNER STUNT
SCORING RUBRIC & EDUCATION
AASCF is proud to offer & promote our very popular Group and Partner Stunt Divisions and as you probably know it is not done like this anywhere else in the World, and as such there has never been anything formalized for the requirements of stunt teams scoring systems for competition.
Please understand Group and Partner Stunt at AASCF States is not for athletes who are just having some fun pulling together their own routines at home; it is for serious athletes wanting to maximize their stunting technique under qualified professional coaches at their gym, performing well presented routines.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO KNOW ABOUT STUNT DIVISIONS (CHEER ONLY)
PARTNER AND GROUP STUNT: please refer to chart below
- Group Stunt only has 4 age groups - 14yrs & U, 14yrs & O, 10–18yrs (12-18yrs level 5), 17yrs & O level 6 only.
- Partner Stunt has 2 age groups - 14yrs & O Open, 17yrs&over level 6 only. Please note the 10–18yrs Senior age group can only do assisted Partner Stunt.
- There are no level crossover rule restrictions in stunt apart from you can only compete in 2 stunt routines per competition. Athletes are not permitted to compete in more than 2 stunt routines; 1 Partner Stunt & 1 Group Stunt or 2 x Group Stunt routines.
- There is no Level 1 option for Open Age - Group and Partner Stunt.
- ASSISTED PARTNER STUNT rules are only 3 athletes permitted in the stunt group and following the USASF stunt rules.
- Basket tosses, tumbling, dance, jumps are not on the score card for stunt – you are permitted to do them but are not necessary and do not add to your score; realize they are subject to deductions and legalities.
- Only the top 3 in each State from the AASCF State series in each level and category of Partner and Group Stunt Teams go through to Nationals, and you can only qualify in your own State. These top 3 teams must score above 75 points before deductions in order to qualify; so, in other words the 60 second Partner and Group Stunt Teams must meet 75 points and finish top 3 at the AASCF States to qualify for Nationals.
- Only 51% and above of your Partner and Group Stunt Nationals Qualifiers can be replaced. i.e. a partner stunt Nationals Qualifier has only 2 athletes, as such no one can be replaced, group stunt with 4 athletes can only replace 1 athlete for Nationals and groups stunts with 5 athletes can only replace 2 athletes for Nationals.
- In the instance where there are no competitors in your stunt section at your State Championship, you will need to score above 75% before deductions to qualify for Nationals.
- States that do not have an AASCF State Championship will need to send stunt routines in via video or similar, to be judged, and will need to score 75% and top 3 in your state to qualify.
- At the end of the State series, the Event Producer has the right to bring in partner and group stunts that did not qualify top 3 in the situation where we have not reached our maximum quota of teams for Nationals.
- Only clubs entered the AASCF Championships may enter in the Partner & Group Stunt Competitions. (Exception being unless they are from a State that does not have AASCF Championship, Northern Territory, as well as teams from Far Northern Queensland and Far North-Western Australia.)