Things to think about are:
- Conduct next year’s teams tryouts –- round 1
- Select your squad(s) -– round 1
- Arrange end of year special performance and end of year awards nights etc. for parents/friends. This is also a great earner to help pay your rent over the long holiday break ahead
- Staff Xmas break up
- Arrange January private lessons and workshops
- Studio/Gym clean-up day
- Organise your next years calendar of events -– tryouts, camps, clinics, uniform order, competitions, events
- Ensure your insurance (PL& PI + Individual Accident) are up to date.
JANUARY - FEBRUARY:
- Attend the AASCF February Coaches Conference to set yourself up with fresh ideas for the year
- Plan for medical issues (First Aid Training + Emergency Plan in place)
- Organise a start of year skills clinic, either in house or an organised clinic or camp
- Time to get your Working with Children Check application –- or update
- Update your Cheer Coach Credentialing
- Conduct tryouts –- round 2
- Select your squad(s) –- round 2
- Organise choreography –- either in house or get some outside assistance
-– the March/April school holidays is a great time to do your choreography
- Schedule practice times
- Appoint a fundraising committee for competitions, travel, uniform expenses etc.
MARCH - APRIL:
- Conduct your final tryouts – round 3
- Add to your squad(s) – round 3
- Purchase cheer shoes and order uniforms, realise uniform orders can take up to 12 weeks for delivery.
- Have some-one ready to put your cheer music together once the choreography is complete
- Organise competition entries for WINTERFEST and ALL STAR BATTLE Championship series -- and AASCF Nationals so your teams don’t miss out
- Consider entering the AASCF Spring Carnival in October ahead of time –- as it is always filled up well before the cutoff date and many clubs are always turned away.
- Organise parent’s action committee to assist with competition travel plans
MAY - AUGUST:
- If required, schedule additional practices prior to each Championship
- Review routines after Winterfest and makes changes if required prior to All Star Battle or State Championships -- seek outside assistance with stunt/tumbling/choreography if required
- Organise competition entries for AASCF Battle/ State/Spring Carnival & National Championships series
- Arrange travel arrangements/accommodation for AASCF National Championships
SEPTEMBER - NOVEMBER:
- Review routines and makes changes if required prior to National Championships
-- seek outside assistance with stunt/tumbling/choreography if required
- Make sure you have entered your teams into Nationals – you may already be too late!
- Arrange end of year special performance and end of year awards nights etc. for parents/friends.
This is also a great earner to help pay your rent over the long holiday break ahead
- Make arrangements/advertise for next year’s squads’ tryouts
- Fill out your AASCF rebate form by Nationals so as not to miss the deadline